A wedding day is often considered the biggest day of a person's life (and one of the most expensive ones too). Couples spend months perfecting every detail and working to look their very best. The day is full of emotions and often after looking at strangers' wedding photos on a blog you feel as if you know them.
So when Calvin finally popped the question one of my first missions (after finding my perfect barn of course) was to find the perfect photographer. Luckily I had done my research.
I knew that I wanted a photographer with a photo journalism style. Of course we will have some posed photos with everyone lined up. But what I really want is a photo album of Calvin and myself and all our family and friends in the moment. Not an album full of us with our posed smiles. As adorable as Calvin's crooked little smile is that comes out every time someone says "Cheese," is, I can go without 100s of photos of it. I want to be able to remember the real genuine smile that he will have on our wedding day!
I found a handful of photographers whose portfolios I really loved. The challenge was finding a photographer around wom we could be comfortable.
The other challenge was getting Calvin on board with getting a photographer I really like. His idea was to just give our friends cameras. I may not have overcome this challenge completely; however, we did reach a compromise that I am paying every cent for the photography (which Calvin reminds me of frequently).
So back to the first challenge: finding the photographer.
I knew what I wanted and I knew whose work I liked. Now I just needed to find a personality I liked.
I met Beth who owns Blush Imagery at the Portland Bridal Show. I already knew I loved her work but I was so excited when I also really liked her! I met a few others at the show who had equally beautiful work, but who didn't make me feel as comfortable as Beth did.
Beth has an amazing bubbly personality that I think shows in her work. I snagged a few photos from her site to share. Hopefully that isn't highly illegal and she doesn't sue me for millions, I just had to share her talent! She obviously gets the photo credit!


I am so excited to do our engagement shot with Beth this spring!

No comments:
Post a Comment