The ideas all seemed a little disconnected and I thought I would have to pick between them, until, during a long car ride to Bangor, Laura and I found a connection. As advertisers we realized all the favors needed was a cool name- Sweet Everlasting Memories.
Sweet
Anyone who knows me knows I have a sweet tooth (making my macrobiotic diet a complete contradiction to my personality). Calvin also loves his sweets! For that reason, there is no question in my mind that our wedding will have a candy bar.

We will have all purple, green and white candy. I have found a wholesaler who sells candy by color which is perfect! Calvin would also like to get M&Ms with our names and pictures on them. He really loved these at Katina's wedding, so much so he ate mine before I even took my seat.
Calvin and I have been searching for fun glassware to use in the candy bar.
Everlasting
Though my mother left for a 3 month trip to Arizona just two days after Calvin and I got engaged, our wedding was still very close to her heart. She spent a lot of time during her hikes thinking of different ideas. I would often get emails in the late afternoon with her thoughts, many of which will be used in the wedding.
This idea was inspired by literature. Any child in New England knows the book Miss Rumphius.
My mother suggested that we give each guest a pack of lupin seeds and ask them to sprinkle them on a roadside near where they lived to share the beauty of our day with the world. Just like Miss Rumphius, our guests can make the world a more beautiful place and have a little reminder each year of the day they celebrated Calvin and my union.
I found on the Australian blog, I Do it Yourself, how to make the seed packets ourselves.

Memories
Calvin and I have expressed from the beginning that our wedding day is not just our day, it is our families' day. That is why we wanted to incorporate a memory wall into our wedding but we wanted to give it a little twist.
From my extensive research on photographers, I came across several that do photo booths. It seems like a good way to add to our guests fun and give them a memory captured on family to take home.

Again, this wasn't exactly an original idea. Thanks to the thousands of wedding blogs out there, I found the idea of doing a photo wall that is also a photo booth.
The framed photos will be of our parents, our grandparents, maybe even some great grandparents and our bridal party on their wedding days or just great pictures of them with their significant other.
Then of course, the empty frames will be filled with the smiling faces of our guests.
The plan, as of now, is to have the table assignments be a cardstock paper picture frame, with small slits to put the corner of the photo. Once the photo is inserted it will cover their name and table.
We will have a camera on a tripod so people can easily take their photo. The dilemma that needs some resolution is how the photos will be printed.
Here are the current options:
1) Find a wireless printer that works with my camera that prints the photos automatically.
2) Purchase an instant film camera.
3) Put someone in charge of taking the photos (possibly one of the babysitters) and then print them while people are eating dinner. People can then pick up their photos after dinner.
Any thoughts?
No comments:
Post a Comment