Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Baby's Room-The Theme

Prior to finding out whether we were having a girl or a boy I was at a loss for what I would do with the baby's room. About 24 hours after we found out our little Rinck will be a girl I went into full girly mode. I started googling how to make tutus and looking at everything pink with great joy. It was then that the idea came to me. 

Princess Sunshine is going to be born around my favorite time of year in the orchard- blossom season. It is a short lived couple of weeks but during that time the orchard is so beautiful and smells so good. 

To pay homage to this extraordinary time of year and the amazing, loving families she is being born into I want to create an apple blossom tree room. 

I envision an entire wall with a large painted tree. On each branch will be blossoms that have framed photos of our family. 

I was happy to find a baby sheet set that fits the theme. I'm not sure if these are supposed to be apple or cherry blossoms but I'm pretty sure our baby won't know the difference.

Now that a theme has been decided the next step is to recover the future baby's room from the chaos of the wedding. I may have to call in some reinforcements for that task!

3 comments:

  1. mariah!!

    these posts made me SO happy!! even though i have obviously been religiously stalking the bump watch via facebook, i was SO happy to see the photos in blog-form with commentary!!

    well... at least at first I felt happy... then I felt guilt because I scolded a pregnant lady for not blogging when I wanted her to. but now I'm back to happy! YAY! this made my day! LOVE the sheets! AND the crib... you should go with that too!! horray baby girl! so nice to see you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why you were complaining about me not blogging ever. Clearly I am an amazing blogger!

    My goal was to make up for my lack of blogging before you got back to DC. Mother natura was on my side and gave me a little extension!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog makes me happy, too:) I love the blossoms... maybe her name should be Blossom Rinck! Steve Jobs and Gweneth already kind of called dibs on Apple...
    FACT: FBR (Future Baby Rinck) is lucky to have you for her mommy.

    ReplyDelete