Friday, January 14, 2011

Cravings


Everyone keeps asking me about my cravings. I was fully prepared to have crazy cravings during my pregnancy- in fact, I was excited about it! I thought I would be dipping asparagus in chocolate and making bacon and broccoli sandwiches. At the very least I expected to be eating a lot of pickles and ice cream.
When I first became pregnant I stocked up on pickles in preparation for the pregnancy. Calvin has greatly exaggerated the amount of pickles I consumed. Ok, so there was one night that I ate one jar in a sitting early in the pregnancy but I had a cold was too lazy to make myself dinner.

The truth is, my eating habits have become way more normal now that I am with child. I have had some crazy diets in the past couple years that I don't even understand. Calvin loves to tell people I don't eat tomatoes because they grow at night. However, in the last couple months I have craved things like Apples, Milk, Chicken (well, the baby craves chicken, I'm still a vegetarian), Oatmeal. I have gone on a few unhealthy kicks- Kit-Kats being one of them, Nutella and Fluff Sandwiches being another but considering I was pregnant during the holidays, I am amazed at how little chocolate and sweets I have been eating. I think I ate more ice cream this summer when I was trying to fit in a wedding dress than I have over the last couple months.

I would have to say I have the most boring pregnancy diet ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment