Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Packing for Two

Anyone who has ever traveled with me knows that I have a tendency to pack more than may be necessary. Some call it overpacking-  I call it being prepared for whatever situation may arise. Of course, I usually forget something crucial, like my toothbrush, but I am comforted by the fact that I have 4 pairs of high heals, a pair of boots, sneakers, and flip flops to choose from when I walk to a nearby store to pick up a new tooth brush.

I don't know why packing for the hospital should be any different, after all I am packing for two. Starting our birthing class has really got me thinking about what I need to bring. I am sure the list is going to keep growing but here is what I have so far. Not all these items were suggested in my baby book.
  • Birthday Cake for Baby. I will write more about this on a later date (if you are lucky)
  • Baby's First Stuffed Animal- Her Lamb from Grammy and Pop Pop Cassidy
  • Our Baby Book that was given to us by Great Grandma Davis. This can not be forgotten because we need to put our hand and foot prints in it.
  • Calvin's iPad though the games Angry Bird and Fruit Ninja are banned from the delivery room (unless I want to play, then it is ok)
  • Lavender Essential Oils for Armotherpy
  • My Own Pillows
  • Books to read to the baby
  • Outfits for baby
  • Two robes- one for before birth and one for after
  • A copy of our birthing plan (which is yet to be decided)
  • Lolly pops because apparently they help with labor
  • Light snacks
  • Our Flip Camera


And I am sure the list will continue to grow...

No comments:

Post a Comment