I love blogs that have cute little themed posts for the days of the week. I don't honestly think I will be posting a new bouquet each day but Bouquet of the Day sounded better of Bouquet of Monday. So be prepared to have an occasional beautiful surprise when you visit my blog.
I have never had a real interest in flowers until I got engaged. Yes, I always love to receive flowers, but I have never taken the time to learn what the flowers are. My mother thinks my love for receiving flowers has more to do with feeling special that someone cared to send flowers and less to do with beauty of the flower.
Originally I didn't think I would really have any flowers at my wedding. I was perfectly content having bouquets of baby breath as center pieces. Flowers just seemed like a great expense for something that wouldn't even last for us to enjoy when we got home from our honeymoon.
My change of heart came when family began offering to plant our flowers. I was so touched! All of the mothers (bonus mother included) as well as Calvin's Bonus Grandfather, will be devoting a little piece of their garden this year to our wedding flowers. Not only will we have beautiful flowers at our wedding but the flowers will be a marriage of our families, blended together to create something amazing.
We are also very lucky to have the semi-pro florist, Laura Davis, who arranged all the bridesmaid bouquets at Amy's wedding and has already booked another wedding this summer.
So much time has been spent searching the internet for examples of bouquets to inspire our flower artists.
So onto today's Bouquet of the Day!
Ta-da! I have no idea where I got this photo but I saved it to my desktop making it an easy choice for the first ever Bouquet of the Day.
What I like about this bouquets is the different shades of purple with a touch of blue.

No comments:
Post a Comment