Sunday, April 11, 2010

We are going viral

My blog is obviously blowing up.
  • Four whole posts in 1 week!
  • 2 comments!
Clearly we are outgrowing blogspot.

So Calvin and I put ourselves (ok, I put us) on the internets and made a website. Check it out at www.calvinandmariah.com

I secured the URL just following our engagement with a grand plan of designing the website. I have had some experience with web design at work but I never really have much to do with making it look pretty.

I had an offer of help from my co-worker, Tom, to make my website. Unfortunately, Tom  is so busy making websites for clients, that I didn't dare remind him of the offer. Actually I guess that is far from being an unfortunate thing, it means business is good here at Rinck. However, the future of calvinandmariah.com was looking bleak.

Karly suggested that I just do one of the premade websites that sites like The Knot and Weddingwire offer. Though they have some amazing designs to choose from, I really didn't want to share a URL with our guests that had a vendor in the title because I am a snob like that.

Luckly, I was struck with a moment of genius and realized I could redirect our purchased URL to one of the premade sites.

I loved Wedding Wires websites. They are really easy to use and change the design. I still need to build out the content a bit.

Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment